Gratitude as a Way of Living
Have you ever caught yourself comparing your life to others? Have you ever fell into the trap of wanting more and achieving more yet your life still feels empty?
In the first episode of Grace and Gratitude Podcast, I had the privilege to talk to a humble and insightful person, Georgian Benta, a Gratitude Coach, Host and Founder of The Gratitude Podcast.
His core message in this interview is gratitude as a way of living. But what does it all mean?
How can it help you become more grateful and joyful when you have a bad day and when you are faced with a lot of challenges in life?
In this interview, Georgian shares not only about gratitude but he also shares the challenges he currently experiences and the issues he presently deals with.
He also explains the importance of breaks and pauses because the brain has a survival mechanism and people have the tendency to always move to the next thing – The next goal, the next big project!
Another note worthy insight in our conversation is the reason why some people aren’t satisfied and happy even if they have a lot of money and even if they have achieved a lot of things in life already. And the dangers when you compare yourself to others.
Further, if you are in a bumpy relationship right now, his practical gratitude tips and relationship advice will help you bring back some spark and love in your life.
Stream here to listen…
What we talked about:
- Major lessons, tips and advice from gratitude experts [2:09]
- The importance of rethinking our day [4:25]
- How can we value the things that we have right now? [6:00]
- The key secret to appreciating what we have at the present moment [6:32]
- How to be grateful when we have challenges in life? [8:23]
- Reliving the first time experience [9:43]
- The survival mechanism of the brain and the happiness mechanism [11:37]
- Compare and Despair [13:45]
- Overcoming relationship challenges [16:23]
- Gratitude as a way of living [21:35]]
- How to add more gratitude in your life when you’re having a tough time [26:55]
Get in touch with Georgian Benta:
8 Lessons this interview taught me:
- Being is more important than doing. (Maybe that’s why we are called Human BEings)
- Intentional pauses, breaks, and reflections are great tools to bring us back to joy.
- If you want to change your outer world, you have to change your inner world.
- When you start to change the way you think, you start to change your life.
- Never compare yourself to anyone else, because your potential is uniquely yours. Gratitude unlocks joy.
- Thank you is more than a word.
- Just breathe and celebrate life.
Music Attribution: Corporate (Success) by Scott Holmes, Corporate (Uplifting) by Scott Holmes http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Scott_Holmes/
This podcast is edited, mixed and mastered by Joseph Glick